Patient Access (Our Online Patient Service Portal)
Patient Access allows you to do things like booking appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions at a time convenient to you. Patient Access is also available as an app, which can be used on Apple devices (iPhones and iPads) and on Android devices (mobile phones and tablets). The app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and from the Google Play Store. Simply click the relevant logo on the Patient Access logo below.
- To use the Patient Access service, you will need to go to your registered GP practice to request a Patient Access username and password. You cannot register for this service online because the practice needs to verify your identity. Consider calling the practice in advance to find out what kind of identification you will need to take with you, e.g. a driving licence.
- Once you have registered at your GP practice, they will give you a Patient Access username and password. If they hold an email address for you that has been verified as being correct (this means the practice has sent an email to you in the past and you have replied to it), they will also send you a confirmation email containing your Patient Access username and the Patient Access website address.
- Wait an hour before trying to log in to the website. Please then use the button below. Type in your username and password and click Login.
- If you have been granted access to other Patient Access accounts, you will see a list of usernames you can choose to log in as. Click Login As This Person to choose the account you want to use. This might happen if you have a relative who is not confident using a computer and has granted access to you so that you can use Patient Access on their behalf.Click here for instructions on how to give another person access to your Patient Access account.
- You will then see the Patient Access Home page, which shows your details and your GP practice’s contact details at the top. You can navigate to all the online services from the Home page. To return to it, click Home in the blue menu bar or click the Back button on any page.