This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

Arnos Grove Medical Centre
269 Bowes Road, New Southgate, London, N11 1BD

‘Help us to help you towards better health’ (Updated August 2019)
Tel: 0208 368 4455
E-Mail: enfccg.arnosgrove-reception@nhs.net

If you live alone and have either a high temperature or a new continuous cough, do not leave your home for 7 days. If you live with other people, keep them at home for 14 days. To check if you need medical help, use the 111 coronavirus service. Only


You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate if you have been ill for seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certifacation form (SC2) which is available from your eompliyer or on the HMRC webiste.


Evidence that you are sick


If you are sick for more than seven days, your eomployer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).


It is up to your employer to deveide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate is now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work' (see below)from your doctor is strong eveidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unles ther eis evidence to prove otherwise.


You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will devide whether or not this eveidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.


Satement of Fitness for Work  'Fit Note'


The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, ,the note will help you to return to work sooner by providing more infomration about the effects of your illness or injury.


For more information see the Direct Gov webiste (where this information was sourced)

Choose font size: A A A

Total visitors:147261 | Disclaimer